These were a MASSIVE hit last night - inspired by Taco Tuesday I decided to splurge and make Enchiladas! Totally spur of the moment, and not wanting to have a dirty kitchen - I decided to make everything in one pot.
So I grabbed my favorite cast iron skillet, sautéed the ground beef with onions, added the enchilada seasoning packet, tomato sauce and organic Mexican cheese! I layered the MOST amazing organic corn tortillas EVER throughout the pot, mixing with the meaty sauce and then sprinkling with cheese. Topped with sour cream, avocado and green onions, this dish was amazing!
OH and I did use one more cast iron skillet for the refried beans - not from scratch (I don't have time for that) - but I grabbed a can of organic refried black beans.\
Recipe below, enjoy!
- 1 lb organic ground beef 85/15
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tblspn of chipotle chiles
- 2 cups shredded Mexican 3-cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 packet of Lawry's Enchiladas seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- Brown meat and onions in large skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, enchilada seasoning mix and chipotle chiles.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a bowl, set aside.
- Adding a ladle full of meat sauce to the bottom of the skillet, begin layering tortillas with sauce and cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 20 minutes till cheese is bubbly.