If you're in the USA right now, scratch that alive(.) then you're well aware of Twitter and it's power. 140 characters have proven to cause more than just curiosity, they have the power to cause a shit storm to come down.
I should preface this by saying, the key is using it wisely and for good. So why does your business need Twitter?
Businesses have social media accounts for a multitude of reasons. They help you connect with your customer base, link you with a multitude of other people in the same business as you, and give you ways of extending your reach to new customers.
Businesses chose Twitter because Twitter offers a way to connect to customers and potential customers in an easy format. Here are a few reasons why your business needs a Twitter account:
1. To connect with customers: This is the number one reason why you need a Twitter account for business. You can connect with people who use Twitter by utilizing hashtags that relate to your business. You can also follow people who demonstrate interests related to your company. Those people will then see your feed, and be more likely to follow you back and learn more about your company.
2. Branding: Every business needs a brand. Just because you don't have a big name like Coca Cola or Pepsi doesn't mean you shouldn't work on your brand. By developing your brand on social media sites like Twitter, you're making it easier for people to relate to you and recognize your company. A brand will make it more likely that people will talk about your company as well.
3. Customers feedback: As you gain more followers who know and use your business, they will likely start giving you feedback. This can be negative or positive feedback, but either way, every time a customer tells you something about your company, you're given the chance to interact with them and increase their loyalty.
4. Marketing: People use Twitter for marketing because it's free and is an easy way to get the word out about your business.
5. Spread news: If your company opens up a new location or offers a new item, you can update your Twitter to tell them. People follow companies on Twitter so they can receive updates about the company as well as special deals.
So, if you haven't already IT'S TIME to set up your Twitter account. Check out this easy to set up checklist on the best ways